Autumn is upon us, and here in Michigan, this means the days are getting shorter, the leaves are changing color, and the air is just a little crisper in the mornings. I know we still could have “plenty" of beach days left, but with each passing weekend, I see the signs of summer disappearing, giving way to what we all know is coming next.
While we may hold onto our warm afternoons for just a little longer, it is time to prepare for the inevitable. While, yes this means emptying the pool, winterizing the boat, or packing away the summer wardrobe, it also means changing up your skincare routine. Unless you live in a climate with consistent temperatures and a humidity level that never changes, you need to start stocking up on what your skin will need this winter.
Tips For Winter Skincare:
- Sun protection should not end when summer ends. Be sure to continue to use sunscreen all year long.
- Exfoliate every day. By using an exfoliator, you are removing the dead skin cells that cover the top layer of your skin. If left on the surface, these dead skin cells can easily build up in the creases on your skin, by removing the build-up, you are minimizing the appearance of wrinkles. Luxiny has a luxurious exfoliating face wash and toner, both made with Glycolic Acid.
- Use a natural toner after washing your face and before applying moisturizer. By using a toner, such as Luxiny’s Glycolic Acid Toner, you are closing your freshly cleaned pores to keep out dirt and unwanted oils.
- Moisturize. That dry heat will suck the moisture out of your skin, leaving your top layer dry and flakey. By moisturizing, you are giving your skin protection from that dry heat and the biting cold. You are hydrating your skin cells, and hydrated skin cells appear fuller, which helps your skin look and feel more youthful.
- Luxiny has a great Vitamin C moisturizer that is lightweight when combined with our Hyaluronic Acid Serum you will see a noticeable difference in your skin's appearance. The Hyaluronic Acid Serum holds up to 1000 times its weight in water. By applying this to your skin and then applying your lotion, you are locking that hydration onto your skin. You will still feel like you have just applied your lotion hours later. It is a difference you will feel.
- Apply a second moisturizer at night before bed. We have a Glycolic Acid Cream that will work while you sleep to hydrate and exfoliate your skin.
5. As always, drink plenty of water. This is a habit that does not go out of style as seasons come and go. During the summer, drink water. In the fall, drink water. In the winter, drink water. When you are born, water makes up about 78% of your body. The average adult’s body is made up of around 60% water. When you do not replenish the water that your body uses throughout the day then you will start feeling worn down, and your skin will be greatly affected.
6. Shield your skin from the cold with layers. No matter what products you put on your skin, one of the most important things you can do when you are outside for an extended period of time is to cover your skin. Wear gloves, wrap a scarf around your neck to cover the bottom half of your face, and pull on that hat.
So as the weather changes and the leaves change color do not forget to adjust your skincare routine. Come springtime, your skin will thank you.