Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is an evergreen shrub with needle-like leaves and a woody aroma. Though best known as a food seasoning, it is one of the most popular aromatic plants worldwide.
- Helps with clearing the mind. Enhances thinking, concentration and memory
- Can help with hair growth
- In folk medicine, rosemary is utilized to relieve pain
- Acts as a natural mosquito and tick repellent
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- get relief from itching skin
- massage onto the head to promote hair growth
- use as a natural mosquito and tick repellent
- massage on joints and muscles to relieve stress
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- improve concentration and memory
- relieve stress and anxiety prior to bedtime
Add a few drops:
- to your daily moisturizer to boost skin’s hydration
Rosemary essential oil blends well with most spice and citrus oils, like Basil, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Lime, Orange Peppermint and Tangerine.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Rosemary essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Rosemary oil is generally safe, but it can be toxic when taken in very large doses.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.