(Citrus latifolia) Persian limes, as compared to the key limes we most often see in supermarkets, have a much thicker rind and are mainly cultivated in Brazil and Mexico. The peel is cold-pressed to obtain the oil.
Known primarily for its zesty aroma, lime essential oil uses are beginning to expand due to the citrus fruit’s versatility.
- Contains citric acid, an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provide gentle exfoliation
- Has antispasmodic properties beneficial for coughs and colds caused by congestion
- Rich in antioxidants
- Has antibacterial and antiseptic properties
- Soothes and promotes healing of insect bites
- Thought to help break down cellulite
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- to use its antibacterial properties to help protect the skin from infection & aid treatment of acne
- scrub out dead skin cells and promote cell turnover
- create a massage oil to help break down cellulite
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- during a gathering to help soothe the crowd and clear the air of airborne pathogens
- soothe coughs, colds, and chest congestion
Add a few drops:
- to create an invigorating bath
- to baking soda and liquid dish soap to create a multi-purpose cleaning scrub
- to shampoo or conditioner to help exfoliate dandruff
- with your favorite oils to create an invigorating and unique perfume
Persian Lime essential oil blends well with Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Rosemary, Tangerine, and Ylang Ylang.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Persian Lime essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Persian Lime essential oil is photosensitive, causing skin to become red and irritated when exposed to the sun. It is important to minimize direct sun exposure after applying lemon essential topically.
Lime essential oil contains limonene, which can cause severe damage to the livers of cats, or dogs with weaker immune systems.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not bee evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.