Peppermint essential oil is multi-purpose, earning the reputation of being one of the most versatile oils in the world along with Lavender oil.
- Contains the active ingredient of Menthol (an analgesic)
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties
- Has an invigorating aroma
- Repel mosquitos
- Acts as an astringent to close pore and tighten skin
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- get relief from itching skin
- create an insect repellent
- apply to the chest for relief from colds and coughs
- use its natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties to cleanse skin and tighten pores
- rub into feet to help reduce fever
- address nausea
- replace morning coffee as a way to wake up and energize
- improve concentration and alertness for increased focus
- help treat symptoms of colds and coughs
- to water and vinegar to create an all-natural household cleaner
- and combine with lemon to create a refreshing mouthwash
- to your fingertips and dab on your temples, neck and sinuses to help chase away a tension headache
Peppermint essential oil blends well with Eucalyptus, Grapefruit Lavender Lemon Rosemary and Tea tree oil.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Peppermint essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Peppermint oil is generally safe, but it can be toxic when taken in very large doses.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.