Lemon oil is extracted from the skin of the lemon. The essential oil can be diluted and applied directly to the skin or diffused into the air and inhaled.
Lemon essential oil is best known for its purifying properties.
- Anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties
- Inhaling lemon oil has been known to decrease nausea
- Has an energizing and invigorating aroma
- Antimicrobial properties make it good for skincare routines
- Contains antioxidants that help repair damaged skin
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- use as a part of an anti-aging skin care routine
- create a furniture polish
- manage and soothe acne breakouts
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- provide and uplifting environment
- use upon waking to energize for the day
Add a few drops:
- to castile soap for a hand soap with a powerful scrub
- to oatmeal and distilled water for an all-natural facial scrub
- to a cloth or cotton ball and use to clean silver jewelry or flatware
- to vinegar and distilled water to make an all-natural household cleaner
Lemon essential oil blends well with Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Orange, Lime, or Peppermint essential oils.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Lemon essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Lemon essential oil is photosensitive, causing skin to become red and irritated when exposed to the sun. It is important to minimize direct sun exposure after applying lemon essential topically.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.