Eucalyptus oil (Eucalyptus Radiata) is extract from eucalyptus leaves by drying, crushing, and distilling them to offer a unique blend of natural compounds and therapeutic benefits.
Although Eucalyptus essential oil has many benefits it is best known as an oil to help promote relaxation. It’s a key ingredient in many over the counter vapor rubs as well.
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- massage into muscles and joints
- make an all-natural mosquito repellent
- add the aroma to the air in your home
- help relax and calm the mind
Add a few drops:
- to white vinegar, distilled water to make a household cleaner
- pure castile soap to make a laundry detergent for handwashed items
Eucalyptus essential oil blends well with Cedarwood, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Fir Needle, and Rosemary essential oils.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Eucalyptus essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Undiluted Eucalyptus oil is potent and toxic when ingested.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.