Fir needle essential oil (Albies sibirica Ledeb) is extracted through a process of steam distillation from fir needles of a fir tree. It can be used topically or aromatically to promote calming, stabilizing, and even energizing effects.
Fir Needle oil’s clean, crisp aroma, reminiscent of a wooded forest makes it a popular oil for use in a diffuser.
- Acts as an expectorant when inhaled
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties
- Acts as a stimulant
- Has a naturally fresh and invigorating smell of pine trees
- Stimulates the immune system
- Contains Bornyl acetate, an ester that contributes to the oil's calming and balancing benefits
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- massage into muscles to soothe body aches
- use its anti-inflammatory properties to help with wound healing
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- help loosen and release mucous to give relief during a cold or flu
- give a boost of energy in the home
- relax before bedtime to promote restorative sleep
- add to the ambience of the holiday season
Add a few drops:
- to a pocket handkerchief to pull out and sniff when a boost of energy is needed
- to white vinegar and warm water to make a hardwood floor cleaner
- of Fir Needle oil to other essential oils to create a unique aroma to diffuse in the home
Fir Needle essential oil blends well with Tea Tree, Rosemary, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Frankincense, and Cedarwood.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Fir Needle essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.