Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil (Eucalyptus Radiata) is extract from eucalyptus leaves by drying, crushing, and distilling them to offer a unique blend of natural compounds and therapeutic benefits.
Although Eucalyptus essential oil has many benefits it is best known as an oil to help fight colds and coughs. It’s a key ingredient in many over the counter vapor rubs.
- An all-natural mosquito repellent
- Antioxidant, and antibacterial properties
- Fights inflammation and promotes healing
- Contains eucalyptol which acts as a natural decongestant and cough suppressant by breaking down mucus and phlegm to open the airway
- Combine with a carrier oil to:
- to ease symptoms of cold sores
- massage into muscles and joints to help ease pain
- help prevent infection and support minor wound healing by applying to affected area
- make an all-natural mosquito repellent
- detoxify the air in your home
- tap into its anti-inflammatory properties to help ease body aches and pains
Add a few drops:
- in a bowl of hot water and breath in the steam to help open up the airway to make breathing easier during a cold or flu
- to white vinegar, distilled water to make a household cleaner with disinfectant properties
- pure castile soap to make a laundry detergent for handwashed items
Eucalyptus essential oil blends well with Cedarwood, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Fir Needle, and Rosemary essential oils.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Eucalyptus essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Undiluted Eucalyptus oil is potent and toxic when ingested.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.