Luxiny Cedarwood Oil (Juniperus virginiana), an essential oil sourced from the United States. It is extracted, by distillation, from the discarded chips and sawdust of cedar trees and is used in soaps, perfumes, household sprays and pest control products.
Cedarwood essential oils is best known for its ability to repel moths.
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to help clean and soothe skin conditions like acne.
- Possesses some sedative qualities making it beneficial for alleviating occasional insomnia
- The cedrol in cedarwood oil may have a soothing effect on mood to help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Has antispasmodic properties to help relieve muscle spasms and tight muscles
- Some people with scalp conditions such as dandruff and scalp eczema have seen improvement in their condition after applying cedarwood oil
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- create a cleanser that removes the pore clogging dirt and surplus oils that cause acne.
- use as an astringent to help reduce wrinkles and tighten skin
- apply to bug bites, acne sores, or rashes to soothe inflammation
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- calm the nervous system in preparation for a good night's sleep
- balance mood, reduce stress, and calm anxiety
- give your home a woodsy smell
Add a few drops:
- on a cloth and place under your pillow to help with improve sleep
- on a cloth as and place in clothe closet as a replacement for moth balls.
Cedarwood essential oil with its woodsy scent mixes well with Patchouli, Grapefruit, Lemon, Ginger, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, and Frankincense.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Cedarwood essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin. Never spray any essential oil directly unto a pet’s fur/skin.
Cedarwood oil is not for internal use. Do not use cedarwood oil if you are allergic to cedar.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.