Orange essential oils (Citrus sinensis) have a sugary sweet citrus scent, similar to Tangerine essential oil but with a gentler, more subtle overall effect. Orange essential oil is extracted from the rind of the sweet orange.
- Mood enhancing and calming properties
- Said to have age-defying properties (high in antioxidants)
- Has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties
- Most insects hate citrus, making orange oil a great choice for repelling insects
- Studies have shown it helps with short term pain relief
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- to use as an anti-aging moisturizer
- to create an all-natural furniture polish
- apply to the skin to help with aches and pains
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- Balance mood and calm anxiety
- Place on a picnic table to help ward off insects
- Use during warm up exercises before a walk or run to help energize your workout
Add a few drops:
- to a cloth that is kept in a pocket or purse, so it is accessible to be used to help calm mood
- to vinegar and distilled water to create an effective household cleaner
Orange essential oil blends well with patchouli, peppermint, spearmint clove and other citrus oils.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Orange essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Orange essential oil contains limonene, which can cause severe damage to the livers of cats, or dogs with weaker immune systems.
Orange essential oil is photosensitive, causing skin to become red and irritated when exposed to the sun. It is important to minimize direct sun exposure after applying lemon essential topically.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.