Extracted from the gum resin of the benzoin tree, which mainly grows in Asia, the oil can raise spirits and uplift mood. Besides possibly being a stimulant and an antidepressant, on one hand, it can also be a relaxant and sedative on the other. It may relieve anxiety, tension, nervousness, and stress by bringing the nervous and neurotic system to normal.
Benzoin essential oil (styrax benzoin) is best known for its superior abilities to relieve stress and induce relaxation.
- Aromatic use helps relieve stress, tension, and anxiety
- Its relaxation effects, to some degree, extend to the body’s muscular system to give it anti-flatulent properties that help regulate digestion
- its smoke which contains antiseptic and disinfectant properties, may disinfect germs for a more sanitized environment and remove odors.
- Astringent properties make Benzoin essential oil a helpful tool in addressing skin’s antiaging needs.
- Its possible tranquilizing properties can help relax and induce sleep for some people.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe inflammation
Combine with a carrier oil to:
- create a cleanser that removes the pore clogging dirt and surplus oils that cause acne.
- use as an astringent to help reduce wrinkles and tighten skin
- apply to bug bites, acne sores, or rashes to soothe inflammation
- apply externally to help give relief from rheumatism and arthritis
Add a few drops to the diffuser of your choice to:
- create a mood of celebration and decrease odors for gatherings and parties
- balance mood, reduce stress, and calm anxiety
- help relax muscles to regulate digestion, decrease muscle pain, help relieve excessive coughing,
- help induce restorative sleep by relaxing one’s body and mind prior to bedtime
Benzoin oil with its sweet and smooth scent of vanilla blends well with Orange, Frankincense, Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon, and Sandalwood oils.
WORD OF CAUTION
Always mix Benzoin essential oil with a carrier oil before applying topically. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin. Although rare, Benzoin oil may cause skin irritation for some people.
Avoid ingestion or inhalation of excessive quantities of Benzoin Oil as it can cause nausea, vomiting, headache. Avoid or limit use of Basil essential oils around household pets. Never spray any essential oil directly unto a pet’s fur/skin.
As a general rule, pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician before using essential oils.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.